The Pennsylvania Association of Counselor Education & Supervision (PACES)
The Pennsylvania Association of Counselor Education & Supervision (PACES) is a division of the Pennsylvania Counseling Association (PCA) for professional counselors who engage in professional counseling teaching and research (a.k.a. "counselor education") and/or clinical supervision.
We provide counselor educators and clinical supervisors opportunities to network, to participate in professional development activities, and to socialize!
More specifically, PACES' purpose is ...
- to advance counselor education and clinical supervision, in accordance with the purpose of the PCA, in order to improve counseling and student development services in all settings of society
to address and promote in Pennsylvania the interests of:
- professional counselors who serve as counselor educators in institutions of higher learning;
- professional counselors who are engaged in performing the duties of a clinical supervisor of professional counselors;
- professional counseling graduate students who are preparing to become counselor educators and/or clinical supervisors
PACES Member Benefits:
- the opportunity to voice issues concerning counselor education, training, and clinical supervision concerns through PACES, who can advocate for these concerns
- the increased opportunity to make contact with other counselor educators, clinical supervising professional counselors, and practicing professional counselors through organized training activities designed to break new ground in numerous theoretical areas
- the ability to participate in meetings of the organization and to provide leadership and direction of the organization through active participation
- information on, and receiving reduced rates for, PACES-sponsored trainings and workshops
- opportunities to receive continuing education units toward state licensure and board certification
- consultation from counselor educators and clinical supervising professional counselors with expertise in a wide variety of areas
- promotion of a membership-powered agenda in securing grants and other funding sources
To join PACES:
Membership in PACES requires that you also be a member of parent association PCA, itself. If you are not already a PCA member, you should complete a PCA Membership Application, which can be down-loaded or completed on-line.
PCA annual dues for Professional and Associate members are $60, and PACES dues are $10.