Pennsylvania Association of Child and Adolescent Counselors (PACAC)
Do you work with children or adolescents or do you wish you had a chance to network with people who do? If the answer is yes, this division is for you.
The Pennsylvania Association of Child and Adolescent Counselors (PACAC) is a division of the Pennsylvania Counseling Association (PCA) for professional counselors who engage in professional counseling with children or adolescents and their families. Some of our members primarily provide counseling services to adults, and have an interest in issues that affect children and adolescents. Everyone is welcome!
This division was formally known as the Pennsylvania Association of Child and Adolescent Counseling Specialists (PACACS). The name was changed on September 6, 2012 to reflect that a counselor is not required to have specialized training or experience in working with children and adolescents in order to be a member of the division.
The Purpose of PACAC is:
- To become engaged in learning about counseling techniques specifically related to children and adolescents
- To provide opportunities for professional networking and sharing resources
- To promote the purpose of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and PCA
PACAC Member Benefits:
- Lively discussion about numerous issues related to child and adolescents and their counseling experience
- News about current legal concerns and contact information for local and national representatives to aid in advocacy efforts
- Information about training opportunities focusing on child and adolescent issues
- Professional networking
- Resource sharing. Gain access to our online resource library as soon as your e-mail address reaches the desk of the PACAC president.
- Facebook posts with easy-to-use links to resources, news stories, and more!
To Join PACAC:
- Membership in PACAC does require that you are a member of PCA. Please remember that PCA membership affords many valuable opportunities
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application
- PACAC annual membership dues are $10 for professionals and $5 for students and retirees